Forumet för dig som älskar Sega! 

• Allmän diskussion (RELEASELISTORNA)

• Diskussioner om allt som rör SMD
Diskussioner om allt som rör SMD
 #27237  by Tronin

Still no explanation to the missing Mega Drive logo. Is there any other game that came without the logo?

It may be a legit copy, but I don't think this one was sold in stores. And I would definitely not include the copy in the list of 536-538 Mega Drive games that was released in Europe. At least not at this point. Not until more copies appears.
 #27244  by CloudMaster

There's a couple things i find very strange.

1. I am big into making reproductions, and there's only two games i've thought of localizing, Splatterhouse 3 (I ripped of Ichigo's artwork) and Fatal Fury 2, I have the original artwork + australian and us covers + manual in extremely high quality scans.

2. Every CIB repro i've ever seen has tall standing manuals like this, MMWW, Ichigo's MWIV, Barbarian etc.
Australian Eternal Champions had standing manual to, but the very rare found here had regular manual.

3. I'm a member on a french cartmodding forum where i've recently have posted pictures of rental games, Revo & Ichigo and many others are also members there, and now this pops up "found in a rental store" ??

4.5.6... Why does it stand out in so many ways, one of the coolest titles, coolest looking mega drive manual by far, standing, no md logo, different ff2 (genesis) logo on manual, exactly like i would've done my repro, no sign of beeing a rental, way to good condition for a rental...

Actually now that i think about it you appeared here looking for rental games right when i posted pictures on the cartmodding forum, and only Ichigo commented on them there.
The latest posts in guardiana chat is you and someone else mentioning ichigo and linking to the cartmodding forum..

#27248  by cyberguile

What on earth are you talking about ? :lol: :lol: :lol:
I came here to complete the guardiana database with the swedish versions, including the rental stuff ( http://www.guardiana.net/MDG-Database/Last-Updates.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; )

The last posts on the front page, with translation in english:

Avatar de Gunstarred Gunstarred @ Thursday 8 October 2015, 03h36
http://www.retrocollect.com/News/unrele ... nline.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

iralneogeo @ Sunday 4 October 2015, 13h38
@ Cyberguile: c'est pas Ichigo, mais t'as raison on a fait le boulot ensemble (il s'est chargé de la mise en ligne du site). Tu peux evidemment tout prendre pour Guardiana!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cyberguile: I'm not Ichigo, but you are right, we did the website together (he uploaded the website on the internet). You can obviously take everything for Guardiana

Cyberguile @ Sunday 4 October 2015, 11h57
Ichigo: superbe idée ! Ca te dérange si je pique tout pour guardiana ? N'hésite pas à fouiller ici si besoin http://www.guardiana.net/MDG-Database/Notes-de-presse/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ichigo: Nice idea ! Do you mind if we take everything for guardiana ? Do not hesitate to check here if needed: http://www.guardiana.net/MDG-Database/Notes-de-presse/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dentifritz @ Sunday 4 October 2015, 11h26
Cyberguile, ça fait un moment que je le connais mais bien joué (en fait c'est Woody Pop hacké pour être joué au pad classique), mais j'avais jamais pensé à voir s'il avait été recencé. Y'a aussi eu Ashura/Rambo qui à eu ce genre de release SMS>MD
Cyberguile, I've known it for a while but nice catch (it's actually woody pop hacked to be played with a standard controller), never thought to check if it was in the database. There's also Ashura/Rambo that got this kind of release SMS>MD

iralneogeo @ Saturday 3 October 2015, 16h12
Un site où l'on recense tous les tests francophones Master System: http://segatests.ultimate-consoles.fr/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Venez nous aider, il en manque encore!
A website where we list all french magazines tests for master system games:
http://segatests.ultimate-consoles.fr/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Help us, we still miss a lot !

Cyberguile @ Friday 2 October 2015, 18h18
Nouveau jeu coréen découvert: super arkanoid !
New korean game discovered: super arkanoid !

So basically, a guy that created a website about french MAGAZINE MARKS for master system videogames posts the links : http://segatests.ultimate-consoles.fr/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I mistake him for Ichigo (you know, because on the website, it's written "ichigo ©2015 )

And you make all that story ?
You should write novels dude, you've got some hefty imagination.

Now, if you're willing to tell me I created a bullshit story about a game I DO NOT OWN for wathever reason, let me tell you I'm 33 years old, I'm a dentist, and I don't have time for this kind of children-play ;)

And, no worries, I will gladly accept your apologizes for suggesting I'm a liar ;)

PS: nobody said it was a rental version, the guy got it 20 years ago from someone who had a rental shop. It's just hypothesis as to where on earth does such a rare stuff come from.
Is it a preproduction copy like the Dinobasher for master system that was found in a cash converter in Australia 8 years ago ? Or the indiana jones instrument of chaos european version that a guy got a sample cover ?
 #27251  by CloudMaster

The last part was a joke, sorry if it offended you :) but if you stop focusing on that the rest is still weird.

Not really the same as dinobasher proto, there's more than one even though dinobasher is a shitty game that was never released anywhere.

What's the odds of this copy beeing given to a kid that later in life became a collector.
Why is he not on the internet if he's such a hardcore collector that he would never sell it?

The worst part is that it's probably impossible to prove if it's real or fake since the cart could be real, and more copies could be made to prove validity.
 #27257  by Tronin

CloudMaster wrote:The worst part is that it's probably impossible to prove if it's real or fake since the cart could be real, and more copies could be made to prove validity.
Couldn't you just open up a AUS cart and compare the different numbers on the chips to this cart? If they don't match there is a chance it could be a legit cart at least.
 #27394  by cyberguile

Okay guys, you can add the game in the official release list:
a user on retrocollect has it for two years and had posted pictures of it in his collection :lol: and nobody saw it until now :lol:

http://www.retrocollect.com/Members-Gam ... toid=37850" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He bought it off ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FATAL-FURY-2-Se ... true&rt=nc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cloudmaster: no worries ^^ misunderstandings happen all the time when people that are not english native speakers speak in english :)
 #27396  by Tronin

There is still no evidence saying this was an official release sold in stores. As long as there is no evidence this will not be counted towards a complete EU PAL collection.

I might however add it to our list in parentheses as I have done with Lakers versus Celtics and the NBA Playoffs, and Thunder Force III.
 #27401  by cyberguile

I see what you mean !
For me, it was clearly not released officially: finding only two copies of it in 2013 and 2015 is impossible for a released game.
Even lakers vs celtics and the nba playoffs was already known in 2000
 #27403  by Tronin

Who knows. Hopefully we'll get some solid proof or information about the game in the future.

Btw, I merged your thread with our general thread about this stuff.
 #27426  by cyberguile

I've been digging through my collection (for totally different purposes) and realised that there were other pal megadrive games that had an instruction booklet missing the megadrive logo: for instance, Phantasy star II.
As for that "recycling paper" logo, I also found it on the back cover of the instruction booklet of a couple of games (coming in mind is toe jam and earl panic in funkotron asian version and indiana jones instrument of chaos, also asian version)

Will take pictures if anyone is interested ^^
 #27799  by Tronin

Rotmosträdet: Var din fråga till cyberguile är det nog lättast om du tar det på engelska. Vad menar du med "klibbor"?

Jag tänkte passa på att tacka Otherworld för de nya bilderna till databasen. Den är nu uppdaterad med 91 standardutgåvor och 8 varianter.
 #28591  by Tronin

Sitter ni på försäljningshistorik för MD-hyrutgåvor får ni mer än gärna dela med er av dem i respektive tråd. Glöm då inte bort att skriva om det ingick klistrad och/eller vanlig manual.
 #28631  by cyberguile

Hi all !
Today I received a copy of the italian version of the Smurfs (I Puffi) and I realised that, on the instruction booklet, all the different versions listed on guardiana were mentionned: smurfs, schlumpfe, schtroumpfs, pitufos, puffi, smurfen and... Smurfana.
I have never ever seen a cover of the game with the swedish name for the smurfs and was wondering if anyone here did ?
Cheers !
Last edited by Tronin on 03 Feb 2016, 18:52, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Topic merged.
 #28636  by CloudMaster

I'm 99,9% shure the Swedish version would have been the UK version and said The Smurfs on the cover, Doesn't Lion King have a similar manual that says Lejonkungen? I have defenitely never seen a cover that says Lejonkungen or Smurfarna.
 #28642  by Tronin

The Lion King does not have the Swedish title on the manual. However, there is no evidence that there is a Swedish cover for The Smurfs. If such a version is listed it is most probably incorrect.
 #28987  by Otherworld

Jag har en del mycket intressanta saker och dela med mig utav här, som iaf är helt nyheter för mig!

Först börjar vi med detta ex utav Phelios.

Genesis utgåva med en svensk manual till :o Såldes på Tradera i slutet av förra månaden. Rotmosträdet bjöd på den, men vann ej, så han har sett den. Kan det vara en manual från en hyrutgåva som hamnat i ett genesis fodral? Intressant.

Sen har vi detta ex utav Phelios som finns på Tradera just nu:

Inte så värst intressant kanske, ganska lätt att det hamnat fel manual o kassett i genesis fodralet vid nått senare tillfälle, men med tanke på att vi har phelios som hyrutgåva här i Sverige med genesis inlaga, och hyrex med både genesis kassett och PAL kassett har setts, och den ovanför med den svenska manualen gör denna även lite intressant tycker jag.

De två sista jag har är de mest intressanta.

Growl genesis utgåva med en fransk extra manual ala Thunder Force III:

Jag skrev och visade lite hyrspel i mega drive tråden på Retrocollect, och då skrev jag om Growl, att det fick en hyrutgåva här i Sverige, trots att det inte släppts i EU. gunstarhero visade en bild på sitt ex utav Growl som han lyckats få tag på nyligen, men en medföljande manual på franska! En annan på retrocollect hade för ett tag sedan berättat att han sett Growl med denna manual. Precis som jag med tänkte först, att det kanske rörde sig om en kanadensisk utgåva, tänkte gunstarhero med först, men han har sen sett det på franska ebay med denna manualen, sen står det faktiskt Mega drive på extra manualen och inte Genesis. Och att det släpptes som hyrutgåva här kan kanske styrka att det faktiskt släpptes som Thunder Force III här i EU, iaf i Frankrike. Vad tror ni?

Sen har vi denna, som jag nyss köpte på Ebay från Holland, så jag har inte fått hem det ännu. Var billigt för det e i ganska risigt skick, men har aldrig sett denna varianten förut:

Alisia Dragoon, precis som den vanliga PAL utgåvan. Förutom att det står Genesis på den. Loggan är både fram o bak, och som ni ser på baksidan så har den precis alla språk som den vanliga har. Så här ser ju Genesis utgåvan ut:

Det är jättemärkligt och riktigt intressant, så utforska den mer när jag får hem den! Som ni ser så är det en reva på etiketten på kassetten, finns en annan bild på baksidan av manualen som också och en reva. Som om nån tagit bort klistermärken på båda ställena, och sen klistermärket som ännu finns kvar på baksidan av fodralet känns det som om detta kanske är ett hyrex från Holland?

EDIT:

Forskat lite mer nu och Alisia Dragoon var visst inte så intressant längre XD Det är tydligen en speciell kanadensisk version. En del spel släpptes i Kanada som våra PAL utgåvor, fast med genesis loggan tydligen. Och våran manual, men med en genesis kassett. Vet inte varför denna här en PAL kassett efter var historien bakom den är, men kort sagt, det är en kanadensisk utgåva tydligen, så inte så intressant trots allt. Den var väldigt billig iaf så gör inget :P

http://segaage.com/forum/messageview.cf ... did=157448" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;