Forumet för dig som älskar Sega! 

• AMEBA-intervju - har du frågor om Dreamcast-spelet?

• Diskussioner om allt som rör Saturn & DC
Diskussioner om allt som rör Saturn & DC
 #20020  by Axus

EDIT: Nu är intervjun publicerad: http://segazine.net/2014/11/26/intervju ... let-ameba/

AMEBA är ett kommande äventyrsspel som utöver versioner till bland annat Windows och Linux även kommer att släppas i fysisk form till Dreamcast. Jag ska göra en intervju med Retro Sumos Carlos Oliveros (spelets regissör) och tänkte höra om ni har några frågor som ni skulle vilja ha svar på, som jag kan passa på att ställa?

Det finns inte jättemycket information om AMEBA ännu, och här är pressreleasen:

“How do you investigate a series of murders that may as well have never existed? Or, how can you be sure you haven’t lost it, when you’re the only cop in your city who thinks several un-connected deaths were not accidental or natural? These are the questions veteran inspector Hugo asks himself on an everyday basis.

I usually loathe visual novels. With the exception of just a few really good ones, they’re too ‘Japanese’ for my tastes, culturally speaking. So we’re taking the genre in a new direction: no anime-like art, as the teaser poster shows, obviously a more western take on storytelling and characterization, a serious story. Imagine Davind Fincher’s Seven meets Frank Miller’s Sin City comic books. Well, that’s what I’d like, but I’m not expecting to reach that kind of quality!”
Last edited by Axus on 26 Nov 2014, 19:38, edited 1 time in total.
 #20021  by Tronin

Lägger till lite mer information:
Its not the first time we’ve seen that an indie developer decide to release their game not only on current digital stores but also on their favorite console from yesteryear. Titles like Pier Solar and the grand architects are a proof of this, released not too long ago on PSN, Xbox Live, Nintendo’s eShop and Steam, but also on physical format for Mega Drive/Genesis and Dreamcast.

That’s exactly what’s going on with the new game we’re talking about today. Its name is Ameba, and it’s a new game developed for Dreamcast, PC, Mac and Ouya. Developed by the spanish indie studio Retro Sumus, an independent team of four components who are very experienced on their respective areas, although this is the first game they produce together.

It’s a very special title. Not only because it’s being released on SEGA’s latest console, more than 10 years before it was commercially discontinued, but also because it’s a Visual Novel, a genre not very common not only on Dreamcast, but also on western developers.

Ameba tells the story of a veteran policeman and his obsessive quest to find the truth about some cases he is pretty sure were closed under false pretenses. He is the only one who has seen the truth, and his mission is to uncover it to bring justice once and for all. It will be set on nowadays Spain, but it might have some flashbacks to the past.

It will be full high resolution 2D graphics for all platforms, including Dreamcast, and the OST will be made completely of strong, original piano themes composed by Juanjo Martin, a well known Spanish musician part of the band Efecto Mariposa.

On the art side, all the graphics of the game will be made by artist Ximo Ferrer, known for being the art director of “Hollywood Monsters 2”, who will paint the game a pretty pretty face. Story will be written by Carlos Oliveros, a veteran journalist from several Spanish game magazines such as GTM and also worked on Pier Solar. Last, but not least, on the programming side there is Daniel Lancha aka Chui, well known on the Dreamcast scene for being the developer on several emulators and apps for Sega’s last console, and also Pier Solar HD lead programmer.

The game will be released fully on English and Spanish. There is still nothing set on stone about if the game will be crowdfounded or not, but Carlos Oliveros has told us that they’re already on talks with a publisher who will release the game comercially. Its tentative release date is late 2015.
http://www.tssznews.com/2014/11/16/ameb ... dreamcast/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Intressant med en visuell novell. Min spontana fråga "besvarades" i pressreleasen ovan, men beroende på när du håller intervjun kan det vara bra att kolla med dem igen om spelet kommer att finansieras via Kickstarter eller något annat alternativ.